Accepting Member Investments at Checkout
In response to the Coop’s current financial challenges, the Coop’s General Manager has asked members to consider increasing their Member Investment at the Coop. One of the ways a member can do that is at the checkout. In which case a member may ask you to add a Member Investment increase to their checkout bill. Instructions for doing just that are below. If you need assistance “in the field” with Member Investments, please seek the assistance of another front end temporary worker or of a member of the permanent staff.
- We request that you do not actively solicit Member Investment increases from shopping members.
- A Member Investment (a.k.a. Member Owner Equity Investment or MOEI) can be added to any checkout transaction. Some members prefer to have the MOEI on a transaction all by itself. In which case, simply complete their “food” transaction and begin a new transaction onto which you will add just the MOEI.
- Once you are in an active transaction, select Member Payments from the options available at the bottom of the screen.
- From the options that then appear, select “2-Member Investment”
- A window will appear that pre-populates with the shopping member’s number. Below that is a blank field for the amount. You can tap the screen or use the arrow to move the cursor into that field to enter the amount.
- Any amount is allowed, from $1 to $10,000. We ask that you do not comment on the amount of member investment increases other than to thank the shopping member for their support of the Coop. (In the case of what you consider to be large member investment increase, feel free to thank the shopping member “very much” for their support of the Coop.)
- Once the amount is entered, press Enter. You have now added the amount to the shopper’s bill.
- Complete the transaction as normal. A member may pay MOEI by debit, or they can request you suspend the transaction so that they can pay by check at the cashier station.
- Suggest to the member that they hold onto this receipt for their records.