Signage Committee seeking Production Pro
The Coop Sign Committee is responsible for designing and producing permanent signage throughout the Coop. In addition to a member with sign production experience, we seek general graphic design knowledge for signage work using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Candidates must have access to these tools at home.
Print Production Professional – Signage Committee
The Coop Sign Committee is responsible for designing and producing signage throughout the Coop. You will sometimes put in more than the requisite 2.75 hours per month and will therefore accrue hours. You must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to attend Monday or Thursday night meetings every four-five weeks at 7 PM at the Coop
- Willing to use your own software and to work from home on your own computer
- Must be a Coop member for at least six months
- Must have a good attendance record
Seeking experienced PRODUCTION PROFESSIONAL who meets (at least most of) the following criteria/abilities:
- General graphic design knowledge for signage work (familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred). Ideally candidate will have access to these tools at home.
- Ability to prepare files for output using a variety of large format print technologies and PDF workflow. This includes reviewing files from other designers and confirming compatibility for output: color specs, sizing, fonts, etc.
- Checking prepared signage files to ensure designs meet Signage Committee stylebook standards.
- Initiating and managing print jobs with multiple sign projects sent to different outside print vendors, according to project requirements.
- Maintaining pending project database and job file archives.
- Direct knowledge of and working contacts with local signage production houses would be helpful.
- Familiarity with different large format printing systems and materials to determinethe best fit for diverse indoor and outdoor signage
If interested, please complete this form.