General Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 28, 7:00 p.m.
- Meeting Location: St Francis Xavier School, 763 President St., between Sixth and Seventh Aves.
- You must be a Food Coop member to attend the General Meeting. Please bring your Coop I.D. card to be admitted.
- Times in parentheses are suggestions. The Chair has the discretion to change the order of the agenda or the time allotted to each item.
I. Member Arrival and Meeting Warm-Up (7:00-7:15)
II. Open Forum (7:15-7:30)
III. Coordinator and Committee Reports (7:30-8:00)
IV. Meeting Agenda (8:00-9:30)
Item 1: Agenda Committee Election (10 minutes)
Election: One candidate for the Agenda Committee will be presented to the General Meeting for election. — submitted by the Agenda Committee
Item 2: Hearing Officer Committee Election (20 minutes)
Election: At least two candidates for the Hearing Officer Committee will be presented to the General Meeting for election. Hearing Officer committee members work on an FTOP basis when needed and serve a 3-year term. — Submitted by Hearing Officer Committee
Item 3: Endorse the 2017 People’s Climate March (60 minutes)
I. We propose that the Park Slope Food Coop:
- Endorse the 2017 Peoples Climate March on April 29 in Washington, DC.
- Send an official representative to the Food & Agriculture Hub of the PCM and serve as a liaison from the hub to the PSFC.
II. We propose that the Park Slope Food Coop:
- Provide material support with a $10,000 contribution to the Peoples Climate March-New York organizing committee to expand outreach and participation
- Advance additional funds (about $1500/bus x 3=$4500) to rent 3 buses (perhaps more according to interest by members) going from the Coop to Washington, DC on the (early) morning of April 29, and returning at night, thus facilitating the participation of members of the PSFC in the march. Members may be asked to pay to recover the cost of the bus rentals.
- Create banners and/or posters for PSFC members to use during the march
Initial outlay of funds would be $14,500 but $4500 would be recovered through member payment for bus tickets; ultimately the Coop would contribute a total of $10,000 as a sponsor of the 2017 Peoples Climate March. –Submitted by Mimi Bluestone and Nancy Romer
V. Board of Directors Meeting (9:30)
VI. Wrap-Up (9:30-9:45)
Includes member sign-in for workslot credit.