TerraCycle Recycling Collections
In partnership with TerraCycle, we collect a variety of hard-to-recycle plastic packaging for up-cycling. We now offer expanded plastic collection for Coop members. See below for details.
TerraCycle Collection Details
2nd Wednesday of the month 3:45-6pm
4th Saturday of the month 1:45-4pm (see November exception below)
Outside in front of the Coop (inside during inclement weather)
In November the Saturday collection will be on the 3rd Saturday of the Month. Saturday, November 18th from 1:45 pm -4 pm.
Expanded Plastic Collection for Coop Members
Please be prepared to show your Coop Membership Card. Donations in any amount are welcomed to help offset the cost of collections to the Coop.
- Plastic bags/wrapping/packaging from most products sold at the Coop – food and non-food.
- Thin plastic film wrap – from notecards, tea boxes, pre-packaged cheese, household items, pets food, juice packs, etc.
- Plastic roll bags distributed by the Coop – please use roll bags only when necessary, reduce usage whenever possible, and re-use any bags you do take before recycling.
- NO food residue, rinse as needed
- ONLY soft plastic from Coop purchases
Ongoing Community Plastic Packaging Collections
Open to all community members.
Please presort and separate all items all by category.
- Toothpaste tubes, any brand and size (toothbrushes okay too)
- Baby food pouches and caps (any brand) This item is no longer being accepted by Terracycle. The last collection of baby food pouches will be in November 2017.
- Energy bar wrappers (any brand but only energy bars—no other wrappers please)
- Brita filters (other filter brands okay) plus other Brita filter related items
- Plastic food storage zip lock bags (any size), plastic cling wrap, and small bulk bags
- Cereal bag and cracker bag liners or bulk cereal bags (any brand)
- NO shopping bags
- Food residue and paper labels OK
Please do not bring any other items than those listed above.