General Meeting: March
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Meeting is held on Zoom. You need to register for the General Meeting by 5:00 p.m. on March 28 to receive the Zoom invite: https://www.foodcoop.com/gmsignup/
- Only Park Slope Food Coop members may attend.
- Times in parentheses are suggestions. The Chair has the discretion to change the order of the agenda or the time allotted to each item.
I. Meeting Warm-up and Chair Committee Introduction (7:00 – 7:10 p.m.)
II. Open Forum (7:10 – 7:25 p.m.)
Members will have up to one minute to ask brief questions regarding the operations of the Coop. Appropriate staff or committee members may respond, and a brief follow-up may be taken.
III. Treasurer’s Report (7:25 – 7:40 p.m.)
IV. General Coordinators’ Reports (7:40 – 7:55 p.m.)
V. Member Committee Reports (8:55 – 8:05 p.m.)
Depending upon the number of Committees prepared to report, Committees will have up to 5 minutes to make a report. Committees need to notify the Chair before the meeting to help the Chair plan time allotments.
VI. Agenda (8:05 – 9:25 p.m.)
Item 1: Dispute Resolution Committee Election (20 minutes)
Election: One member, Christopher Cox, will be presented for election and four current committee members, Helen Koh, Karen Kramer, Michael Szeto, and Daniel Weiss, will be presented for re-election. DRC members serve three-year terms.
Item 2: Presentation of Board of Directors Candidates (15 minutes)
Discussion: Two candidates for the Board of Directors will make brief presentations and answer questions from members. The Board of Directors election will be held at the Annual Meeting on June 27, 2023.
Item 3: Coop Markup (45 minutes)
Item Sponsors: General Coordinators
Proposal: The General Coordinators propose changing the Coop’s markup and the procedure for setting the markup in the following ways:
- Part 1: Maintain the base markup of 25% through Fiscal Year 2024 which begins on 01/30/2023, except as outlined below in Parts 2 & 3.
- Part 2: Starting on 05/01/2023 a lower base markup of 21% will only be available to those members who qualify for the reduced Member/Owner Equity Investment (MOEI). Members who qualify for the reduced MOEI but are not currently enrolled will need to provide valid proof of eligibility in order to pay prices based on the 21% base markup. Information about reduced MOEI is available on foodcoop.com or in the Membership Office.
- Part 3: Each year at the October General Meeting, the GCs shall report on plans to lower or maintain the 25% base markup for the next fiscal year based on the state of the Coop’s finances. The GCs shall have the authority to set the base markup no higher than 25% and require GM approval to increase the markup above 25%.
- Part 4: Passage of this proposal makes void the August 2020 decision regarding the markup.
IV. Board of Directors Meeting (9:25 p.m.)