General Meeting: November
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Meeting presented on Zoom. You must register for the General Meeting to receive the Zoom invite: https://www.foodcoop.com/gmsignup/
- You must be a Park Slope Food Coop member to attend.
- Times in parentheses are suggestions. The Chair has the discretion to change the order of the agenda or the time allotted to each item.
I. Meeting Warm-up and Chair Committee Introduction (7:00 – 7:15 p.m.)
II. Open Forum (7:15 – 7:30 p.m.)
Members will have up to one minute to briefly present questions regarding the operation of the Coop. Appropriate staff or committee members may respond and a brief follow-up may be taken.
III. Treasurer’s Report (7:30 – 7:45 p.m.)
IV. General Coordinators’ Reports (7:45 – 8:05 p.m.)
V. Committee Reports (8:05 – 8:15 p.m.)
Committees who notified the Chair in advance of the meeting will have up to 5 minutes to make a report.
V. Agenda (8:15 – 9:15 p.m.)
Item 1: Agenda Committee Election (10 minutes)
Item Sponsor: Agenda Committee
Election: One new member of the Agenda Committee will be presented for election.
Item 2: Committee Requirements (25 minutes)
Item Sponsor: Rachel Porter
Discussion: The PSFC routinely depends on and creates new committees. This proposal is intended to improve the way these committees function for and report back to the membership. The proposal includes requirements for existing committees and new committees.
Importantly, the proposal is intended to increase the ability of committees to reduce staff work.
- Committees will be listed on the PSFC website with a brief description of the purpose and activities of the committee. Updates should include the names of committee members. These entries will be behind the firewall, should be updated at least annually, and are the responsibility of the committee members.
- Committee members may report 13 shifts per year. Any additional shifts must be approved by the PSFC staff liaison to that committee or by a PSFC General Coordinator. Unapproved work beyond 13 shifts/year will not be given work shift credit and will be considered volunteer work.
- Committees must report to the GM at least 1/year and no more than 3/year. Reports should not last longer than 3 minutes unless they are part of a proposal or election. Committees that are essential to PSFC functioning will be required to report to the General Meeting at least 2/year.
- Committees will provide updates on their activities in the LWG at least 2/year. The LWG will create a committee update column where updates can be published.
- Committee membership selection will be made transparent in the committee proposal. Criteria for membership will be specified in writing in the committee’s entry on the PSFC website.
- The term for all non-retired committee members will be 3 years. All committee appointments and renewals must be approved by the General Meeting.
Item 3: Preparing for the Return of Squad Leaders (25 minutes)
Item Sponsor: Susan Metz
Proposal: The membership wishes to re-establish permanent, regularly scheduled squads with member leaders as soon as it’s feasible. Cooperators (members, paid staff and coordinators) are called upon to participate in planning, organizing and implementing a return to the system of required member labor on permanent, regularly scheduled squads, each managed by a member Squad Leader.
Identification, orientation and preparation of member Squad Leaders will begin soon to ensure a smooth transition to work-shift squads with member leaders as soon it is deemed safe by government health authorities.
Relevant Documents for Item 3:
Why do all members have to work?
Can I pay more and not work?
Is the Coop a place where I can participate and be part of a community?