Member-Owner Equity Investment Campaign
Increasing your member/owner equity investment (MOEI) directly adds to the Coop’s working capital. Since MOEIs are not interest-bearing, there is no cost to the Coop. These increases come with one benefit only, your knowledge that you were able to help:
- Build the Coop’s cash reserve so that we can operate beyond December if the Coop is required to maintain the current safety measures.
- Put the Coop in a stronger financial position in the event of a future health crisis.
- Pay back the Small Business Administration PPP Loan.
- Strengthen our Coop through the positive experience of acting together to preserve the wonderful institution we own together.
There are a variety of ways to increase your MOEI
- In-person: Inform any checkout worker and use your debit card or a personal check payable to the Park Slope Food Coop for the transaction. Please make sure you type or write MOEI and your member number in the memo section.
- By mail: Send your check or have your bank mail a check to the Coop at 782 Union Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215. Please make sure you type or write MOEI and your member number in the memo section.
- Electronically to the Coop’s bank: Send money directly to the Coop’s MOEI Campaign account at Sterling National Bank. The routing number is 221970443 and the account number is 6700602966. Please make sure you type in MOEI, your member number and your name in the memo section of your electronic transmission.
- By credit or debit card: Click the button below to process your investment via credit/debit card. Please type your Coop member number accurately on the entry screen. Once complete, you will receive an email confirming your transaction.
Your payment will be processed securely through Stripe. Stripe is waiving their fees for the first $250,000 of MOEI increases.
If, in the future, you need the excess investment back, it will be returned within weeks to you via check upon your request.
Thank you for your commitment to the Coop!