TerraCycle Recycling Collections
In partnership with TerraCycle, we collect a variety of hard-to-recycle plastic packaging for up-cycling. We now offer expanded plastic collection for Coop members. See below for details.
TerraCycle Collection Details
2nd Wednesday of the month 3:45-6pm
4th Saturday of the month 1:45-4pm
We cannot accept plastic for recycling outside of these collection times.
Outside in front of the Coop (inside during inclement weather)
Expanded Plastic Collection for Coop Members
Please be prepared to show your Coop Membership Card. Cash donations in any amount are welcomed to help offset the cost of collections to the Coop.
- Plastic bags/wrapping/packaging from most products sold at the Coop – food and non-food.
- Thin plastic film wrap – from notecards, tea boxes, pre-packaged cheese, household items, pets food, juice packs, etc.
- Plastic food storage zip lock bags (any size), plastic cling wrap, and small bulk bags
- Plastic roll bags distributed by the Coop – please use roll bags only when necessary, reduce usage whenever possible, and re-use any bags you do take before recycling.
- NO food residue, rinse as needed
- ONLY soft plastic from Coop purchases
Ongoing Community Plastic Packaging Collections
Open to all community members.
Please presort and separate all items all by category.
- Toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes
- Energy and granola bar wrappers
- Brita Water filters and related items (other brands also accepted)
- Cereal and Cracker bags/box liners
- NO shopping bags
- Food residue and paper labels OK
- As of April 24, 2018 we no longer accept Baby Food Pouches and Caps.
Please do not bring any other items than those listed above.